The following procedure describes how to set up an account using the standard e-mail app installed on all Android devices. However, there are many other e-mail applications available for Android. While the user interfaces vary, the general steps and concepts are the same as those described below.
To configure an Android device to work with your Hosting e-mail account, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings, and then tap Accounts.
- Tap Add account, and then:
- To set up an IMAP account, tap Personal (IMAP).
- In the Add your email address text box, type the e-mail address of the account that you created in cPanel (for example, [email protected]).
- To receive notifications for new messages, select the Notify me when email arrives check box.
- To synchronize messages, select the Sync email from this account check box.
- If you are configuring an IMAP account, to download attachments when the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network, select the Automatically download attachments when connected to Wi-Fi check box.
- To change the account name, type the new name in the Account name (optional) text box.
- To change the display name that appears on messages that you send from this account, type the new name in the Your name text box.